30 April 2010

Bologna Children's Book Fair 2010

Here I am, back from the Bologna Children's Book Fair, the "right" place for children's content. This year there were at the Fair also two book I illustrated (and I'm going to talk about them in the next post).
As always I have been stunned and amazed at the same time by the huge quantity of books produced, especially the illustrated ones...
I met other illustrators whose works I admired and I realized they are quite similar to me and they were happy to talk with me and to share their experiences.
Here it is a collection of different moments at the Fair...

Eccomi di ritorno dalla Mostra del Libro per Ragazzi di Bologna, il più importante appuntamento del mercato del copyright per ragazzi. Quest'anno erano presenti anche due libri da me illustrati di cui vi parlerò nel prossimo post e che mi hanno permesso di parlare un po' anche della mia esperienza.
Come sempre sono rimasta stordita e affascinata dall'immensa quantità di libri prodotti, soprattutto quelli illustrati...
Ho conosciuto illustratori di cui avevo ammirato solo le opere e ho scoperto che non sono poi molto diversi da me e che volentieri si fermano a parlare e a confrontarsi.
Eccovi qua una collezione di momenti della Fiera....



my business cards and illustrations are here somewhere: can you see them?

me and the two Ann from Illustrated Book (Australia)

Ofra Amit and Natalie Pudalov, my new illustrator friends (Israel)

friends from the Internationa School of Comics (Firenze)

Alison Lester at the Australian stand

Shaun Tan and his publisher in an interview at the Cafè of Illustrators

No comments: